Mar 23, 2012

OOTD: romantic mid-week getaway

I had the sweetest surprise on Sunday evening when my boyfriend showed up at my door unexpectedly, bearing gifts of the sparkle variety. If that wasn't swoon-worthy enough, he told me the next day that we had a room reserved in Niagara Falls on Wednesday night.

Wednesday morning came pretty quickly and I threw on my trusty travelling pants, or "my soon-to-die *favourite* jegging" and we hit the road. 

Here's what I wore:

Cardi: Gap
Ruffle Tank: Walmart I think
Jeggings: Penningtons
Necklace: Gift from my bf

Our room was facing the falls, and it was super gorgeous! Here was the view from our window:



Soon after we raided the Walden Galleria after a little persistence on my part. I spent most of my time in the Torrid. I've only ever shopped online for Torrid, and had super high expectations for what I was going to find in store, and was disappointed by a few things. 

I did score a bunch of awesome clothes though for awesome prices (they had their Haute Cash promo on in-store as well) and took advantage of the opportunity to try on a bunch of stuff I had been eyeing online but wasn't sure of the fit. 



Richard and I after we returned from state-side shopping

This is what I wore the next day with my Torrid finds:

Crochet Sweater: Torrid

Salmon Scoop Neck Tank: Forever 21+
Source of Wisdom Skinny Jeans: Torrid
Owl Necklace: fatshionxchange
Belt: Torrid

this was supposed to be a necklace shot... clearly didn't work out.
I'll update/upload a better shot of the necklace soon.
Update:
as promised, a close-up of the owl necklace!


Anyone score anything awesome lately?

xxo, dee



2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the ruffle tank and your shot of Niagara Falls! New follower and glad to have found your creative space on the web:D

    P.S. would like to invite you to linkup a blog post and share on my blog on Wednesdays...it's a great way to get new traffic to your blog and meet other bloggers.

    Chandra
    astylishlittlelady.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...